Ready for chapter 2? After the exciting climax to chapter 1, I know you have anticipated the next scene with bated breath.
While following along with the reading, you can answer the following questions.
1. Why does Percy think the whole school is playing a trick on him?
2. Why does Percy decide to study for the Latin exam even though he’s given up on
his other subjects?
3. What leads Percy to believe that Grover and Mr. Brunner think he’s in danger?
4. After the Latin test, what do you think Mr. Brunner was trying to say to Percy?
Why does Percy react angrily to Mr. Brunner’s words?
5. How does Percy say he’s different than the other kids at Yancy Academy?
6. Why does Percy tell Grover he’s a really bad liar?
7. What responsibility does Grover claim to have, and why does this strike Percy as
8. How do Percy and Grover end up on the side of the highway?
9. How does Grover react when Percy tells him about the yarn-cutting?
10. What does Percy think the yarn-cutting means? Does Grover seem to agree or
Remember you can cut and paste the question directly into your new post. Title your entry: Chapter 2 questions to ponder.
2 months ago